The Sony PMW-F55 is a 4K Super 35mm cinema camera that is also regularly used for live production work such as music concerts and festivals, and live sport.
The Sony PMW-F55 incorporates an 8.9MP Super 35mm 4K CMOS image sensor and accepts a PL-mount lens as well as a B4-mount lens using an LA-FZB2 mount adaptor. The camera delivers a variety of shooting options for HD/2K/QFHD/4K, and superior image quality. It boasts Sony’s frame image scan technology, which completely eliminates the so-called “jello effect” and “flash banding” that are typical of other CMOS sensors.
Its modular style allows for a wide range of configurations to meet a large variety of user needs. In combination with the CA-4000, BPU-4000, and HDCU-2500, the user can achieve a powerful 4K live camera system.
The Sony PMW-F55 is a well-established flagship cinematography camera, which complements HDC-4300/4800 in the 4K environment. If you are looking for an additional camera which can be used in commercials, TV, promos or sports this compact and versatile camera will deliver breathtaking 4K picture quality.
- Super 35 mm 4K CMOS imager (8.9 M effective pixels)
- Frame image scan to eliminate distortion
- Wide colour gamut and true-colour reproduction
- 14 stops of exposure latitude
- High sensitivity (ISO 1250) and low noise
- In-camera recording on SxS card*¹
- On-board RAW recording on AXSM card via the AXS-R5
- Super 16 mm centre scan mode
- Compact and modular design
- PL mount with supplied lens mount adapter
- Support for a B4 lens with FZ-B4 lens mount adapter
*¹ XAVC 4K/QFHD and MPEG4 SStP HD are supported only with SxS PRO+.